Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crew is 1

Crew turned 1 on April 2 and we had a little party for him. All of our family came to celebrate with us.

I have a lot of cake pictures so bare with me. I added commentary because I just knew what Crew was thinking. :)

"What is that light? Am I supposed to touch it?"

I know what your thinking, trust me. The cake was supposed to be orange because I intended on making a basketball but it flopped and so did the frosting. I couldn't bring myself to buy a cake that was just going to be torn into and thrown away. I should be embarrassed to show you, but I figure when Crew looks back it will be funny for him to see that his parents gave him the ugliest, coral color cake for his 1st birthday. O well.

"Is this a trick? They never leave food on the ground on purpose. What's going on?"

"Can I touch it?"

" I am just going to sit here and look at it. Why is it a coral color? I'm a boy."

"I'll taste it. Can't be that bad."

"Why is everyone standing around staring at me? What do you want me to do?"

"Oh gosh, they are making my touch it. "

"I am just so sad, my hands are dirty. "


"Now I am just plain pissed! Everyone is just sitting around watching me get my cake all over me and it is not funny! How would you like to be naked and showing all your fat rolls while covered in food? Get me outta here."

This was the final cake when he was finished. He was mad! Ha Canyon didn't want to touch his cake at one but he was a little more picky with what he ate and did. I really thought Crew would just dig in and eat as much as he could. It was fun for a minute.

After the traumatic cake, we opened presents. I got him this walker and he loves it.

"Now I am happy. When I am standing the rolls look much better."

:)
I know I am a dork.

6 comments:

brandandbrit said...

Happy birthday Crew! That is so funny about the cake!

Natty said...

where the heck did the time go??? I can't believe he is already one!
Can you believe a year ago you were in the hospital with him.

michael & brittany said...

HA HA this is a great post, funny yet refined, Love your Humor! Looks like fun:)

Marcus Hadlock said...

Haha.. I think you are funny Ryann! And Happy Birthday Crew! I didn't realize he already turned 1!

Marcus Hadlock said...

And that was really left by me... Jacque! I do that all the time.

Linda Clegg said...

These pictures brought back the laughter while being there but your commentary is hilarious...What a cute boy!!!!