Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Longest 10 days of my life

Crew's first 10 days...............


We were able to get a quick picture of Crew on the scale before they hurried him to the nursery.

Canyon was exhausted from being at the hospital all the day the day before. He was probably more comfortable on that bed then I was.

They ended up having life flight come by ambulance to transport Crew down to another hospital that had better equipment for what he needed. I took this right before they took him. I had to stay in the hospital that night so I wasnt able to go with him. Derek stayed with me and then we went the next day.

This is how he looked in the nicu. He was born with premature lungs and an infection like Pnuemonia.

The first time we got to hold him! :)

One of our nurses daughters dressed up like the Easter bunny and came to take pictures with all the babies in the nicu, so we brought Canyon to see what he thought. He didn't cry but he wasnt sure either.

Crew and the Easter bunny.

Happy day!! Easter Sunday is when we got to bring Crew home. We are so happy it is all over and he is healthy. This was Canyons cheese face with his baseball Easter basket.

Here he is today, no tubes or iv's.

He has brought our family so close together and we are so lucky to have the cutest boys in the world.

5 comments:

michael & brittany said...

He is so Cute, Im glad he's home & doing well, I can only imagine how frustrating that was for you guys give your kids hugs for me!

Chester Copperpot said...

Um...that bunny just made me crap myself.

You guys did a good job with crew. He should be perfect for Lil in 21 years.

Natty said...

My first impression is that he looks like a Belnap, sorry Derek. He is so cute. I am so glad that he is finally home and you are feeling good.
I am excited to meet him soon

michael & brittany said...

That Easter Bunny is a little freaky looking LOL...hey but at least she tried!

whitney said...

He's beautiful Rye! I'm glad you have him home to hold!